PNW The Coast Handlebar
A few years ago, PNW embarked on the exploration of wider bars on mountain bikes. This trendy shift turned out to be highly beneficial, offering a deeper understanding of mountain bike geometry. The result? The realization that wider bars provide notable advantages, including increased stability, enhanced control, and added comfort.
Drawing inspiration from the benefits of wide MTB bars, PNW set out to design the Coast Drop Bar. The wider drop bar concept not only delivers extra stability and control but also provides ergonomic relief to the wrists and neck. The combination of a wider bar, shorter stem, and shallower drop ensures a more comfortable riding position, allowing you to ride with agility and ease whether you're sprinting, cruising, or handling the hoods.
However, it's not just the shape and ergonomics that matter—material selection is key. PNW opted for 6061 alloy, which effectively controls vibrations while maintaining a light and nimble feel. Similar to a ski with a responsive core that effortlessly carves and pops at your slightest intention, these bars utilize the ideal dimensions and materials to provide a playful and dynamic riding experience. Just like a good burrito, the width is indeed important.
**For the full benefits we highly recommend pairing this bar with the PNW Coast Stem. These were designed together for ideal ergonomics.
- Width: 480mm, 520mm
- Some variants may not appear in drop-down (if they're out of stock).
- Color - Dual finish sandblast/polished black anodized
- 65mm Reach - Works with shallow drop and exaggerated flare to make switching body position an ease
- 105mm Drop - Shallow Drop for when aero isn't everything and comfort is
- 20° Flare - Combo of shallow drop and 20° flare provides more wrist comfort while moving back and forth between grips and hoods
- 480mm - 346g
- 520mm - 357g
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
- Lifetime warranty!
Ships FAST, from Canada!