PNW The Coast Handlebar Gen 2
A few years ago, PNW embarked on the exploration of wider bars on mountain bikes. This trendy shift turned out to be highly beneficial, offering a deeper understanding of mountain bike geometry. The result? The realization that wider bars provide notable advantages, including increased stability, enhanced control, and added comfort.
Drawing inspiration from the benefits of wide MTB bars, PNW set out to design the Coast Drop Bar. The wider drop bar concept not only delivers extra stability and control but also provides ergonomic relief to the wrists and neck. The combination of a wider bar, shorter stem, and shallower drop ensures a more comfortable riding position, allowing you to ride with agility and ease whether you're sprinting, cruising, or handling the hoods.
For the Gen 2 bar, PNW opted for 2014 alloy, which is amazing at controlling vibrations while dropping some with weight vs. the Gen 1 bar and maintaining stiffness where stiffness is required.
**For the full benefits we highly recommend pairing this bar with the PNW Coast Stem. These were designed together for ideal ergonomics.
- Width: 440mm, 480mm, 520mm
- Color - Dual finish sandblast/polished black anodized
- 65mm Reach - Works with shallow drop and exaggerated flare to make switching body position an ease
- 105mm Drop - Shallow Drop for when aero isn't everything and comfort is
- 20° Flare - Combo of shallow drop and 20° flare provides more wrist comfort while moving back and forth between grips and hoods
- 440mm - 294g
- 480mm - 324g
- 520mm - 346g
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
- Lifetime warranty!
Ships FAST, from Canada!