Shimano XTR BR-M9120 4-Piston Disc Brake Set, front & rear
Shimano XTR Hydraulic Disc Brakes - BR-M9120 4-piston callipers and BL-M9120 levers, full set (front & rear). Brakes are assembled with hoses, are pre-bled & include your choice of N04A Metal ICE or N03A Resin ICE pads.
Shimano's XTR M9120 callipers feature a MONO-BODY design which is machined from a single cold forged block to maximize rigidity which is then fitted with four ceramic pistons for immense stopping power. Paired with the enduro focused BL-M9120 levers with tool-free reach adjust and SHIMANO's new I-spec EV standard, the entire set continues to define the standard for mountain bike brakes.
- Ultimate performance, response & brake modulation
- High braking force with reduced input force at your fingertips. Very linear response, stroke, and 30% quicker response compared to previous generation M9000 brakes.
- Increased braking power
- 10% more braking power (vs. M9020)
- 4 piston low-profile design
- Banjo type connection
- SERVOWAVE ACTION brake levers
- Initial pad travel is fast enabling quicker contact with the rotor.
- Power then increases rapidly, so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
- Faster lever rebound for improved rider concentration
- Updated lever shape
- High rigidity
- 8% stiffer than M9000 even under high temp conditions
- Quicker brake engagement with shorter free stroke
- Free stroke adjust allows for fine tuning of lever movement vs. initial pad contact point.
- Easy, quick and clean installation and maintenance
- One way and funnel bleeding utilizes a new, more convenient bleeding nipple position.
Recommended brake rotors (not included):
(links open product page in new tab)
6-bolt rotors: SM-RT86
CENTER LOCK rotors: RT-MT800 or RT-MT900
Full compatibility list below.
Each brake set includes:
Two (2) BL-M9120 levers: I-SPEC EV Clamp Band
Included brake hose length:
800mm (front/left lever), 1450mm (rear/right lever)
Hoses are pre-bled
Two (2) BR-M9120 4-piston callipers: Banjo hose joint, Pad axle mount
Pads: Resin ICE or Metal ICE
Some variants may not appear in drop-down (if they're out of stock).
Shimano BH90 Olive & Barb not included:
If you need to shorten the hoses or run them inside your frame you'll likely need to purchase a few sets of the Shimano BH90 Olive & Barb. You should also consider the Bleed kit for Shimano brakes as well as our Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose Cut & Set Tool.
The ultimate brakes for serious riders and racers, they offer a no compromise blend of ultimate performance and light weight. XTR brakes have always been and always will be the gold standard in mountain bike braking.
We recommend having a professional install your new disc brakes. Your friendly LBS can help!