Shimano SLX SL-M7100 Shifter - 1x12-speed
Shimano SLX Shifter(s) - M7100 Series, Clamp Bar Mount
12-speed - 1x12s
Average weight: 117g (right)
The newest Shimano SLX shifters boast a lightweight and compact design that delivers smooth shifting control in all situations, whether you're out racing or just out for a ride.
- Shifts require 35% less force vs. M7000 (previous generation SLX shifters)
- Intuitive and ergonomic controls allow for 20% faster lever access time
- 2-WAY RELEASE shifting to smaller sprockets with thumb or index finger enables better grip on the bar in more situations
- Max of 3 multiple shifts at once (rear lever, to a larger sprocket)
- Includes shifter inner cable
- Cable housing NOT INCLUDED, you can purchase the Shimano OT-SP41 housing HERE
If you're looking to upgrade your drivetrain to a Shimano HYPERGLIDE+ 1x12s, both SLX and DEORE are great, budget-friendlier options. Cross-compatibility with XT M8100 Series and XTR M9100 Series components is great news for riders who like mixing and matching as well. The biggest downside to these vs. XT and XTR shifters? You can only go down your cassette one click at a time, whereas with the top tier options, you can now drop two sprockets in a single motion (MULTI RELEASE).
Keep in mind: if your bike doesn't already have a MICRO SPLINE hub, you'll need a new rear hub or a new rear wheel... that remains compatible with your frame. Most MICRO SPLINE hubs are thru axle, which means your frame must be too.
Not to be confused with:
SLX I-SPEC EV Shift Levers (SL-M7100-IR and SL-M7100-IL)
Previous gen SLX 10s shifters (SL-M7000-10-R, SL-M7000-10-L)
Previous gen SLX 11s shifters (SL-M7000-11-R and SL-M7000-11-L)
Ships FAST, from Canada!